Friday, July 4, 2014

First Fight Friday: Touched to the Heart by Elsa Winckler


Goats solve their differences head-on. They don’t give the silent treatment or yell, they butt heads, and then it’s over.
Cowboy Marvin has learned humans resolve issues differently especially those romantically involved. His curiosity sparked, he has invited authors to stop by on Fridays and share a first fight from one of their books.





Elsa Winckler      




    is here for ...



First Fight Friday 

with a scene from 

Touched to the Heart

When it comes to men, if physiotherapist Caitlin Sutherland didn't have bad luck, she would have no luck at all. 

Don Cavallo has his own issues with the other sex. But when this sexy physio puts her hands on his back she not only touches his body, but also his heart. 

They've both been burned before, but neither of them can stop themselves from playing with fire.

firstfightfridayfirstfightfridayfirstfightfridayfirstfightfridayfirstfightfridayfirstfightfridayfirstfightfridayfirstfightfridayfirst
Don waited until they were through the doors before he turned back to Caitlin. ‘So my brother gets a hug but not me?’ he asked and took her hand. ‘Come with me,’ he growled and quickly walked towards his office just down the corridor.

She tried to pull her hand out of his, but he held on tightly.

He opened the door and motioned her inside.

‘Don, really, I don’t have time for this. My sister —’

‘…is in the hospital and I’ll take you and your mother to her in a moment.’

Caitlin sighed and folded her arms. ‘Look, Don, you are obviously involved with someone. I don’t understand what you want from me.’

He put his hands in the pockets of his trousers. It was either in there or around her neck. ‘Oh, I’m involved with someone. Really?’

‘I saw the picture,’ she said.

He walked towards his desk and lifted a newspaper page from the desk. ‘This one?’ he asked and held the page out to her. She looked at it and nodded.

‘I came to your room last night, I was worried sick and had to see for myself that you were fine. You nearly dragged me into the bed with you, I had to force myself to leave you and this morning…’ His voice had steadily risen and he stopped talking.

Her eyes widened. ‘So I didn’t dream it?’ she whispered. ‘You were really there? In my room?’

He nodded. ‘I was in your room. I had to see you and if you hadn’t been through such an ordeal, I would have woken up beside you this morning.’ He walked until he stood toe to toe with her. ‘I’m not involved with her,‘ he said and pointed towards the picture.

‘But…’ Caitlin began but he shook his head and placed his hands on her shoulders.

‘I know many people, men and women. But I don’t cheat and I don’t lie. I also don’t explain myself. You either believe me or you don’t.’

Caitlin stared up at him, hundreds of thoughts racing through her head. She didn’t even trust her own father and this man was asking her to trust him, someone she barely knew.

The picture of him with another woman in the paper had left her bewildered and hurt. And now, if she understood him correctly, even though he wasn’t going to explain the why and the how about the other woman, he thought she should trust him.

She lifted her chin and crossed her arms in front of her. What she wanted to do was burst into tears and rant and rave about everything, but not in front of Don. She could at least try to keep herself together and not fall completely apart.

Her sister was her main priority at the moment. ‘You’re right. You don’t owe me any explanations,’ she said coolly and walked to the door. ‘I’m here for Hannah and I can’t think about anything else right now.’

He stared at her for a moment longer then he nodded. ‘Fine. Let’s forget you nearly pulled me into bed with you last night. Let’s have breakfast, then I’ll take you and your mother to your sister.’ The sarcasm in his words wasn’t hard to catch.

He moved towards the door to open it but she quickly opened it herself and walked towards the breakfast room. She didn’t need anyone to do things for her, she could open a bloody door by herself. And she didn’t pull him into bed with her last night. Did she?

Copyright © Elsa Winckler

firstfightfridayfirstfightfridayfirstfightfridayfirstfightfridayfirstfightfridayfirstfightfridayfirstfightfridayfirstfightfridayfirstfightfri

Touched to the Heart by Elsa Winckler 

Discover beautiful South Africa in this sweet, heart-warming Cinderella story about a blogger, a billionaire, and one chance meeting.

When it comes to men, if physiotherapist Caitlin Sutherland didn't have bad luck, she would have no luck at all. To help cope, Caitlin starts blogging in her spare time, about the types of men she meets and the bad dates she goes on.

While on duty during the annual Wines to Whales bicycle race, a gorgeous, sweaty cyclist walks in and sets her hormones dancing. But he is Don Cavallo; one of the four Cavallo brothers — hotel tycoons, famous as much for their business skills as for the number of beauties regularly seen on their arms.

Don Cavallo has his own issues with the other sex. He has yet to find one who is interested in him and not in his money or hotels. But when this sexy physio puts her hands on his back she not only touches his body, but also his heart.

They've both been burned before, but neither of them can stop themselves from playing with fire.


Touched to the Heart 

is available on


Bio:

I have been reading love stories for as long as I can remember and when I ‘met’ the classic authors like Jane Austen, Elizabeth Gaskell, Henry James The Brontë sisters, etc. during my studies, I was hooked for life.

I married my college boyfriend and soul mate and after 39 years, 3 beautiful children and 3 grandchildren, he still makes me weak in the knees. We are fortunate to live in the picturesque little seaside village of Betty's Bay, South Africa with the ocean a block away and a beautiful mountain right behind us. And although life so far has not always been an easy ride, it has always been an exiting and interesting one!

I like the heroines in my stories to be beautiful, feisty, independent and headstrong. And the heroes must be strong but possess a generous amount of sensitivity. They are of course, also gorgeous! My stories typically incorporate the family background of the characters to better understand where they come from and who they are when we meet them in the story.

Follow Elsa Winckler online


              
Thanks for sharing Elsa!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...